- Stir the flax and sesame seeds with 2 cups of water and leave to soak for 2-4 hours
- Transfer all the ingredients apart from the soaking seeds into a food processor with an S Blade and process until you get a mixture, which resembles a thick soup
- Add the soaking seeds and process again to combine all of the ingredients
- Separate the mixture into 2 equal portions and spread each half over a teflex sheet of your dehydrator. Using a spatula, bring the mixture as close to the edge of the sheet as you can without it separating
- Transfer both trays to the dehydrator and set it at 115 degrees F for 10 hours
- Place the mesh sheet over the cracker and holding both sheets together at each end, quickly turn them over, then peel off the teflex sheet. Leave it aside and return the trays to the dehydrator for another 10 hours
- Chop up the large plank of ready cracker into equal sized squares and store them in an airtight container
Flax crackers can be virtually any flavour. Play around with combinations by picking your favourite soup recipe, process or blend the raw soup ingredients and mix them with soaked flaxseeds before dehydrating.